Skip Trace Coordinator
We're Proof, a startup in the legal tech industry. We’ve built a best-in-class legal services platform that is used by thousands of law firms with a sustained average growth rate over 10%, month-over-month. Our marketplace platform helps law firms and pro se parties gain access to more efficient, transparent, and accessible legal services that are not traditionally available to everyone. Our main services are Service of Process and E-Filing. We currently support over 3,000 law firms throughout the US, as well as countless pro se parties.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where access to legal services is readily available, affordable, and efficient. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit to achieve the fundamental change of an outdated industry, come work with us.
A Skip Tracer is responsible for locating a customer’s whereabouts and assets. Here at Proof we are looking for a skip tracer to assist our investigations team with ongoing skip tracing. We are looking for someone with knowledge and expertise when it comes to online investigations and finding information online. We are looking for someone with an investigative mindset and an analytical brain.
What You’ll Do:
- Promote the company’s vision and Mission
- Locate customers using basic and advanced skip tracing tools
- Identify assets for garnishment and/or execution
- Communicate with third parties for the purpose of acquiring customers’ location information
- Search private databases, public records, and the world wide web
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Comply with all office policies and procedures
- Assist with the management of daily operational activities
What You’ll Need:
- At least 2 years of recent full-time skip tracing and investigative experience is required.
- A firm understanding of OSINT/Web sleuthing.
- A degree in digital forensics or equivalent private investigator experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical, research, investigative, and organizational skills
- General knowledge of coding languages is preferred
- Complete knowledge and understanding of all relevant federal, state, and local collection regulations including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and other relevant Acts.
- system and calculator.
- Experience with Google Suite applications (Gmail, Docs, and Sheets) and collection software
- Advanced knowledge and Familiarity with Skip Tracing Tools and Techniques.
- The ability to perform, understand, and conduct OSINT while also staying covert online is a huge plus.
- Desire to work with others in achieving company and client goals
- Ability and knowledge of locating public records at a county, state, and federal level.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including a computer, keyboard, copy machine, phone
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
Other Work Requirements:
- May be required to work evenings and some weekends
Compensation and Benefits
- $18.00 - $22.00 per hour, dependent on experience and location
- Full-time, remote position
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401k available
- Flexible Time Off and paid holidays
- Equipment provided