We're Proof, a startup in the legal tech industry. We’ve built a best-in-class legal services platform that is used by over 6,000 law firms to serve their legal documents to anyone, anywhere, and we're continuing to grow at an extremely fast pace. We’re looking for a talented engineering leader to help us along this journey as we continue to scale & grow our engineering organization.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver great products, helping your teams balance delivery with long term product health
- Hire and coach engineering talent who build and run great teams
- Identify opportunities and problems and develop and implement improvements to the system of how we work
- Set the tone and direction for the development teams, supporting a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs.
- Manage 3 separate engineering teams (14 engineers total)
- Partner directly with the CTO
- Review requirements documentation and participate in product brainstorming sessions.
- Deliver value through strong collaborative approach with multiple customers and stakeholders across Proof
- Responsible for setting or approving policies, establishing department guidelines, and managing a budget.
- Ensures appropriate implementation of all methodologies and development process
- Communicates team goals, results, and key performance indicators to direct reports and senior management.
- Lead engineering integrations/partnerships with other companies in the legal tech space
What we’ll expect you to know on day one:
- 5+ years experience managing and leading engineering teams in an agile environment
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new languages and technologies
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, self-manage and require little day-to-day direction to be successful
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- You're a proactive communicator; you communicate concerns and blockers early
- 100% remote, work from anywhere in the US
- Clear path to grow your career into engineering leadership/management role
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive salary ($175,000 - $200,000)
- Stock options
- Health care, vision, and dental