We’re Proof, a startup in the legal tech industry. We’ve built a best-in-class legal services platform that is used by thousands of law firms throughout the US, and we’ve had continued explosive growth. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we continue to scale and grow as a company as we continue to disrupt the industry.
As a data engineer, you’ll be responsible for driving business impact through the growth & observability of our data.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, and engineers to develop pipelines and ETL tasks in order to facilitate the extraction of insights.
- Build, maintain, and scale data pipelines that empower Proof’s products.
- Establish data architecture processes and practices that can be scheduled, automated, replicated, and serve as standards for other teams to leverage.
- Stand up a third-party Business Intelligence tool to empower the entire company with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Work alongside others in planning and carrying out the implementation of solutions that are focused on enhancing products, leading one or two projects at any given time.
- Write complex SQL queries
What we’ll expect you to know on day one:
- 2+ years of professional experience as a data engineer or similar role
- You have professional experience developing data processing, enrichment, transformation, and integration solutions.
- You are fluent in SQL / PostgreSQL.
- Bonus points if you have functional experience with Python & R.
- You are no stranger to data warehousing and designing data models.
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate for high code quality, automated testing, design patterns, and other engineering best practices.
- You care deeply about the data being generated. You study the data and extract insights from it before you process it.
- You are user experience and product-focused, building solutions while thinking about the impact it has on our users and enhancing our product.
- You are able to work within an existing data architecture finding gaps in it and enhancing it to ensure solutions are fault-tolerant, scalable, and easy to iterate upon.
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions.
- You can see a project from end-to-end, from idea generation, planning, and execution through delivery.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team.
- 100% remote, work from anywhere in the US
- Clear path to grow your career
- Flexible paid time off
- Health care, vision, and dental
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000